MARKOFF'S HAUNTED FOREST is ready to scare you silly! Please visit the MHF web site for more info.
Official Website: www.markoffshauntedforest.com
Information: Calleva is a self-supporting 501(c)(3) educational non-profit. Every October, we hold a special event (benefit performance) known as Markoff's Haunted Forest (MHF). MHF is essential to the achievement of Calleva's mission. Due in large part to the income generated by MHF, Calleva is able to hire the best instructors and guides, purchase top quality equipment, and transportation to the area's best venues for climbing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and other outdoor adventure sports.
Markoff's Haunted Forest:
- Gets people outdoors for a 20-minute hike in the woods surrounding Calleva Farm, a haunted hayride around the farm and/or a canopy tour with 5 zip lines & 3 bridges high above the forest.
- Provides leadership opportunities for the young adults & teens who comprise Calleva's fall & summer staff.
- Offers additional entertainment & activities that enable participants to stretch their comfort zones and achieve personal success.
- Generates income to support all of Calleva's year-round programming, including: school programs, working students & after school programs with Calleva's horse center, summer camp scholarships, discounted programs and pro bono work, community partnerships with organizations including Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, Montgomery County Linkages to Learning, Potomac Riverkeeper, Team RiverRunner (Wounded Warriors).
"Markoffs" is Maryland's original and greatest Halloween event. There is so much going on that you're sure to soil yourself! Choose from 2 terrifying trails, a haunted hayride, a canopy tour and a dozen other spine tingling events. The Markoffs have been freaking patrons out for 20 years, and every year it gets a little crazier! Often copied, never duplicated -don't be a chicken, come walk through our woods!
- 2014 Dates: Friday 10/3, Saturday 10/4. Friday 10/10, Saturday 10/11. Thursday 10/16, Friday 10/17, Saturday 10/18. Thursday 10/23, Friday 10/24, Saturday 10/25. Thursday 10/30, Friday 10/31, Saturday 11/1.
- Times: gates open at dusk (about 7:30pm); NO ONE ADMITTED AFTER 10 pm!
- Online ADVANCED purchase: TRAIL: $30; Book of 10 event tickets (Enough for the HAUNTED HAYRIDE and something else): $25; CANOPY TOUR: $75-85
- Online DAY-OF purchase: TRAIL: $35; Ticket Book/HAYRIDE: $30; CANOPY TOUR: $75-85
- Tickets purchased at the door: TRAIL: $40; Ticket Book/HAYRIDE: $30; CANOPY TOUR: $85
- All patrons must sign a Waiver.
- Wear warm clothes (hat and jacket)
- Wear shoes suitable for hiking through woods.
- No Flashlights, alcohol, or bad behavior.
- Patrons lose stuff in the woods all the time - hold on to you possessions or leave them at home!
- Want to WORK at the MHF? Use the ONLINE APPLICATION (above) before October 1. AFTER THAT: contact Office*at*calleva*dot*org
- Are you a GROUP? Contact MHFgroups*at*calleva*dot*org
- GENERAL Questions? Contact Nick*at*calleva*dot*org
- MEDIA Inquiries? Contact doi*at*calleva*dot*org
- Office Number: 301-216-1248