Official Website: www.markoffshauntedforest.com
Information: Calleva is a self-supporting 501(c)(3) educational non-profit. Every October, we hold a special event (benefit performance) known as Markoff's Haunted Forest (MHF). MHF is essential to the achievement of Calleva's mission. Due in large part to the income generated by MHF, Calleva is able to hire the best instructors and guides, the purchase of top quality equipment, and transportation to the area's best venues for climbing, rafting, kayaking, mountain biking and other outdoor adventure sports.
Markoff's Haunted Forest:
- Gets people outdoors for a 20-minute hike in the woods surrounding Calleva Farm.
- Provides leadership opportunities for the young adults & teens who comprise Calleva's fall & summer staff.
- Offers optional activities - zip line & other high ropes challenges – that enable participants to stretch their comfort zones and achieve personal success.
- Generates income to support all of Calleva's year-round programming, including: school programs, working students & after school programs at Calleva's equestrian education program, summer camp scholarships, discounted programs and pro bono work, community partnerships with organizations including Girls on the Run of Montgomery County, Montgomery County Linkages to Learning, Potomac Riverkeeper, Team RiverRunner (Wounded Warriors).
"Markoffs" is Maryland's original and greatest Halloween event. There is so much going on that you're sure to soil yourself! Choose from 2 terrifying trails and while you wait, indulge in a dozen other spine tingling events from zip-lines to ghost hunts. The Markoffs have been freaking patrons out for the past 19 years, and every year it gets a little crazier! Often copied, never duplicated -don't be a chicken, come walk through our woods!
- 2012 (20th Anniversary!) Dates, Times, Prices: Friday 5th, Saturday 6th. Thursday 11th, Friday 12th, Saturday 13th. Thursday 18th, Friday 19, Saturday 20th. Thursday 25th, Friday 26th, Saturday 27th, Sunday 28th. Tuesday 30th & Halloween! Fri, Sat, Sun & Halloween: $25 in advance. All other nights: $20 in advance. Ticket prices bought on the day of the event increase by $5!
- Purchase tickets before October 1st for 2011 prices!
- All patrons must sign a Waiver.
- Fund-Raiser for Calleva
- Wear warm clothes (hat and jacket)
- Wear shoes suitable for hiking through woods.
- While you wait enjoy multiple other events.
- No Flashlights, alcohol, or bad behavior.
- Patrons lose stuff in the woods all the time - hold on to you possessions!
- Want to WORK at the MHF? Contact Alex*at*calleva*dot*org
- Are you a GROUP? Contact Office*at*calleva*dot*org
- GENERAL Questions? Contact Nick*at*calleva*dot*org
- MEDIA Inquiries? Contact Julie*at*calleva*dot*org
- Office Number: 301-216-1248